Pages

Thursday, May 26, 2011

Strollers, Low Impact and Handicap

If you are venturing out on trails with children and want to take along a stroller or wagon or just don't want something that's "hard" to walk, like hills and stairs, make sure to read the trail guide from the book or website to see if it describes the type of trail it is or if it's handicap accessible. The ones that are can be the most stroller and wagon friendly. I'll try to make sure I note which trails are best in these situations when I have that information available myself and there's not a companion website for the trail.

Please, if you know of any trails that are handicap, family friendly and great for low impact walking, let me know. There are many people who want to lose weight but cannot take on a trail with a lot of sloping and stairs at first because of how much they currently weight, circulation issues, inactivity disabilities, etc. These trails are VERY important to their baby-steps into weight loss. It's so much easier to go for a walk where it's beautiful than to stay indoors on a treadmill.

To contact me, you can comment to the blog post (if the information is beneficial to all of my readers) or to michiganonfoot@yahoo.com. Remember, I'm also on Facebook and through Networked Blogs (see right hand column to connect). I'll be adding a twitter feed this week.



No comments:

Post a Comment