Pages

Monday, July 18, 2011

Ahhhh.....

Feels good to finally have the open house over with, my kitchen is still a disaster. I have a batch of photos to edit and two senior photo shoots as well as a historical photo shoot coming up this week, and it's going to be a hot one!

Your emails are full of amazing suggestions and THANK YOU for the compliments. One email in particular said "even though you only have a handful of the existing trails on the map so far most of them are close to most of us... has made for nice short trips just an hours drive". This isn't why I started in the southern part of the state but she has a wonderful point!

To answer another email: Yes, I am going to document closed trails. The reasoning is, if it was a trail once, it may be a trail again. It may have been closed due to budget costs, safety hazards or a sale of the land. Whatever the reason, if you know it exists, there's a chance YOU could make a difference to get the trail re-opened. Just remember to read and obey the signs in and around all trails. If it's a closed trail, you may get permission to enter if you find out who the property owner is and ask, doesn't hurt. Trespassing is against the law. I will do my best to provide information on the owners of the closed trails, but that's not always that easy from here if it's miles away from me - so no promises!

Pure Michigan has wrote me about being a guest blogger and I'm going to take them up on it. I don't know what exactly to cover so I think I'm just going to brag about how we have nearly as many trails in Michigan as we have beaches, campgrounds and rivers and many of these trails are a part of the park systems of the cities, counties and state. Of course I won't be able to get to writing it until next week.

On that note, I'll leave you with this:

If you want to have fun outside, MICHIGAN HAS IT ALL!!



No comments:

Post a Comment