Pages

Monday, July 25, 2011

Til our paths meet again...

Today I said goodbye, for now, to a good friend and an amazing person. What does she have to do with you and this blog? As hikers, bikers and outdoor enthusiasts in general, we are at higher risk for things such as skin cancer.

My friend Tina has left us a legacy, defying the statement that the good die young - just because her physical time on earth was only 38 years, she lived many lives during that time frame. She has accomplished what many of us could never do. While cancer was beating her down, her head was held high as she helped others with their journeys. Her strength, class, grace and determination is contagious. She made the most out of the good days and the bad. She never wasted a second, even when she didn't have mobility, she was still fighting the fight.

In her honor, celebrating her spirit and to say thank you for being a part of my life, I share with you the blog of Tina Sullivan, melanoma warrior, and inspiration for Pale Skin Is In. Cancer may have taken her body from us, but it didn't stop her heart, quiet her voice or end her fight. Team Pale Skin Is In is dedicated to continuing where she left off.

To her husband Todd, daughter Teya, parents, brother Cory, extended family and fellow friends - I find it an honor to have known her and if there's anything I can do to continue her journey, I'll be there, you have my prayers and support.

To Tina - Forever in my heart, with the big hair, wrinkling your nose, sticking your tongue out at me saying I'm more stuck up than you are! You have to watch out for those quiet ones, they bite!!


No comments:

Post a Comment